The 2016 model year was a stellar year for the automotive industry with more sales of new vehicles than any other year in the history of the industry. With these impressive sales over the past twelve months, the expectation is that most automakers would have experienced exceptional sales in the segments they compete in over that time. Honda has been one of our favorite brands over the past several decades and certainly is a brand that we trust for reliability, resale value and longevity when we want a vehicle that’s perfect to drive on the road.
Honda hasn’t always been a sales leader, but the 2016 year may see the brand take the most popular car, SUV and minivan for the American market and that would mark the fourth straight year for these vehicles. Honda is also the fastest growing automaker when it comes to the retail sales enjoyed by the brand making it the automaker you can turn to for some of the most impressive vehicles on the road today. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Honda has grown the way it has over the past year; this brand offers us the Civic, Accord, CR-V and Odyssey as vehicles that are the most popular in their respective segments and make it easy to enjoy the ride.
Some of the different accomplishments of the brand for the past year are:
- The Civic has the highest sales performance in its history. This is a history that goes back 44-years for the car and it’s been one of our favorite cars to drive over that time.
- The Accord led the midsized cars for the fourth straight year to be a car that’s trusted in the segment more than any other.
- The CR-V has been the most popular crossover SUV for several years and caps off seven straight years at the top of the list with the sales for the 2016 model year. This SUV has sold so well it’s the best-selling SUV in the US over the past 21 years.
- The Odyssey has been the best-selling minivan for seven straight years and continues to be the leader in this segment as well.
- Other than the full-size pickup segment the Civic, CR-V, and Accord offer the three highest retail selling vehicles on the market combined and sold at a rate of over one million vehicles for the fifth straight year to close out 2016.
This impressive success has to do with what Honda offers in these vehicles. They offer you a value priced vehicle that comes with several impressive features to make them more affordable and attractive. Honda has been the brand you trust for reliability for several years and it continues to offer you the models you want to enjoy on the road when you want something great to drive. With the new look and feel of some of the Honda models, it’s a fair prediction to think this brand will continue to be highly successful for many years to come.